Hi guys! Today I'm going to bring you the tutorial for the decal accent nail on my swatch of Near Dark from Bellaluna Cosmetics. I used all the colors from the collection as well as M Polish Elizabethan to stamp with. The image is from BP-48 and I used the jelly stamper from Chelle We Stamp. Scroll below for the video and step by step instructions.
Step by step instructions
- Apply M Polish Elizabethan to the image and scrape.
- Gently but quickly roll the stamper over the image to pick up.
- Wait a few minutes for the polish to dry and seal with clear polish (base or topcoat).
- Once that's dry, start coloring in with the different colors.
- Not shown in the video, seal with clear polish and wait for it to dry.
- While you wait, lay down a white base color on your nails.
- When you're ready to use the decal, apply base coat to your nails so they are tacky.
- Remove the decal from the stamper, cut to size, and apply to your nail.
- I use a stick dipped in acetone to dissolve the excess, file down any remaining free edge, then clean up with small brush.
- Apply topcoat and you're done!
It's not a perfect decal, I went outside the lines in the beginning and didn't notice until I was editing the macro shot. I still love how all the colors coordinate together so well.
I purchased the BP plate, the stamper and the stamping polish myself. The Bellaluna Cosmetics fall collection was provided for review. You can find those colors at http://bellalunacosmetics.storenvy.com.
Follow Mama Hearts Polish at Bloglovin, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!