Hi guys! Today I have the first in a series of nail art tutorials I did using the new fall colors from Bellaluna Cosmetics. Below you'll find a video tutorial and the step by step instructions, enjoy!
For the water marble accent I used Spanish Moss and Autumn Woodlands. They both spread really well, Autumn Woodlands spread the easiest. I also tried out Near Dark and it does spread but needs a little nudge of the cup. I didn't test Frosted Eggplant or Sparkling Cranberry since I didn't want to waste my minis.
Step by Step Instructions
- Pour room temperature water into a small cup. I'm lucky that my regular filtered tap water works, depending on your water supply, you might need to use bottled or even distilled water. I do this about an hour before I start working so that it's room temp by the time I need to use it.
- Start by painting on one coat of white, I like to add a quick dry topcoat so that I don't have to wait too long for it to dry.
- Apply liquid latex, glue, or tape as a barrier around your cuticles and fingertip. I used glue in the video.
- Begin adding drops of the polish, alternating between each color until you're satisfied with the amount of rings. I like to have about 8-12 rings.
- Using a sharp, pointed tool like a needle, a paper clip, or small dotting tool, draw your design. I'm using a paper clip I unfolded cause I'm cheap like that. Make sure you clean the tip of your tool after drawing each line or else the colors can get muddy.
- Figure out what part of the finished design you like best and carefully dip your nail at an angle.
- Use a stick or q-tip to clean up the excess polish around your finger before removing it from the water.
- Remove the glue/tape/liquid latex from your finger.
- Use acetone and a small brush to clean up your cuticles.
- Apply topcoat and you're done!
I love how the flakes from Autumn Woodlands combine with the shimmer in Spanish Moss. I don't know how she did it but I'd love to see more polishes from Bellaluna with this formula, I need more shimmer and flaky polishes that water marble.
I purchased some of these polishes with a blogger discount, while others were sent as samples for the purpose of review. Spanish Moss and Autumn Woodlands are available now at http://bellalunacosmetics.storenvy.com, $9.50 for the 15 ml full size bottles.
Follow Mama Hearts Polish at Bloglovin, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!